October 8 - 09:00 amEnd:
October 11 - 05:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Sophi Taylor Building Conference Centre
NIAB Innovation Farm Villa Road, Impington, CB24 9NZ
Impington, England, GB, CB24 9NZ
The course covers the fundamentals of good business and will be of benefit to anyone:
- thinking of starting a business
- developing an early-stage organisation
- employed in mature businesses who wants a broader view of how their role fits in.
TPOBS will help you to:
- turn your idea into a business
- enhance your business impact
- develop your facilities in line with growth
- manage cash effectively
- know what true success really looks like
The major purpose of the course is to help you think about:
- why you want to run a business
- what skills you have and which ones you need to develop
- what success looks like to you
- how you will be able to benefit your family, your community and your country.
By the end of the course you will have gained an:
- overview of the critical foundations necessary for any business;
- awareness of the key pillars on which to build long-term success;
- understanding of the challenges of what success actually is;
- appreciation of the integrity and attitudes of good entrepreneurs.
What you learn on the course will help you to:
- run your business with increasing confidence;
- confirm what you want to do with your business – and why;
- plan critical steps over the next few months;
- know what to look out for in different parts of your business;
- develop wisdom for clear decision-making.
Dates and times
This non-residential course runs from 9:00 to 17:00 on Monday 8th October until Thursday 11th October 2018.
The price covers all four days and is inclusive of VAT. It covers refreshments, lunch, stationery and a comprehensive Course Workbook.
A limited number of tickets are available at £540 (£450 + VAT) so book your place now to benefit!
About the course
The practical and interactive course covers the essential skills necessary for running a successful organisation with social impact:
After laying the foundations of good business attitudes, ethics and integrity, the course focuses on the building blocks of vision and planning before discussing the pillars of strategy, finance and management – elements that all sustainable businesses have in common. The concept of “success” is discussed and shown to be more than profit maximisation. The course introduces bible-based principles for business that have stood the test of time as well as ideas from modern management thinkers and practitioners.
Each session will consist of a mixture of teaching, discussion and exercises.
All that you need to bring is an open mind and a willingness to participate by sharing with and learning from one another!
Ken Dickson BAcc (Hons), FCMA, CGMA is the Managing Director of Axiom-e Limited based in Cambridge, UK.
Ken founded Axiom-e to provide input and advice to start-ups and early-stage organisations based on his wide experience gained in board-level roles within leading multinationals and early-stage ventures.
Ken now uses his experience to train the next generation of entrepreneurs through coaching, mentoring and courses. Clients for whom he has devised and/or delivered courses include NIAB, the Cambridge International Education Conference – which brings together school owners from across Africa – and The Moller Centre, a leading management and leadership development centre based at Churchill College in the University of Cambridge.
He has run courses in Dubai, Nigeria, Zambia and the UK and has been asked to run them in other countries including Burundi.
Feedback from Ken’s previous courses
- “This was the best course I have attended.”
- “I applied what I learned on the course to secure funding for my social enterprise!”
- “Well organised and researched lessons.”
- “I loved the blend of straight practical advice and real life personal experience and wisdom.“
- “I found Ken very engaging. His style is relaxed but very informative and knowledgeable. His notes and exercises helped me focus my mind on what to do.”
- “I’ve never attended such a thing as The Pillars Of Business Success and now realise why my previous businesses did not do well.”
History and future plans
The Pillars Of Business Success course was originally developed by Ken Dickson to support Zambia 2050 – an ambitious initiative to develop entrepreneurs and provide business and leadership skills, in order to boost the economic standing of Zambia and help to ease the burden of poverty.
The principles underlying the course have been developed over many years of international experience and are equally applicable to the UK as they are in the other countries (including Nigeria, UAE, UK and Zambia) in which elements of the course have been taught.
Part of the proceeds from the course will be used to subsidise future courses in Zambia, Nigeria and other countries so that, through bursaries, deserving entrepreneurs will be able to attend irrespective of their economic circumstances.
For more information please visit www.ThePillarsOfBusinessSuccess.com.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
For directions click here.
There is plenty of free parking on-site.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any queries, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The price covers all four days of the course. To attract early-stage entrepreneurs, it has been kept low deliberately. The viability of the course is dependent on a minimum number of bookings. Once booked no refunds will be possible. However, if you are unable to attend you may nominate somebody to attend in your place.
In the event of the course being cancelled by the organiser before it starts, refunds will be made less the Eventbrite booking fee and an administration charge.
To help attract a wide range of current and would-be entrepreneurs, it is possible to arrange phased payments up to 30th August. Should you want to pay in instalments, please contact us directly and do not book through Eventbrite.